Happy Back to School Week!
This post will be short and sweet…and that IS exciting. Ha Ha!
At last, it is here. My midgets headed off today to conquer kindergarten, third, and seventh grades. I must confess, I did enjoy heading to a quiet house for lunch today. That early alarm clock, however, I can do without. Did you get excited about heading back to school as a kid? I usually did. It was funny, on Monday night my oldest had her meet the teacher(which was more like a “hunt down your locker and classrooms”) and one of her science teacher started in on her spill for the year. I discovered that words like assignments, homework, and projects still give me a sinking feeling in my stomach. I miss the social aspects of school- and that is IT! How about you?
You know what I’m talking about: heart racing, hands sweating, blood pumping! This week’s list is all about what gets us EXCITED. Here are some of the things that had my adrenaline flowing.
- Zip-lining in Vegas- flying down the old Vegas strip, hanging from nothing but a cord, yeah, that was incredible! My heart was racing and I screamed and laughed. It was priceless. Can’t wait to do it again.
- Flying- this might not seem like a big deal to those who fly all the time, but I enjoy being in the air. Seeing the world shrink below and watching the clouds pass by is such a treat for me.
- Holding a first printing of a book- the first hard copy I see of my books ALWAYS makes me cry. I’m like a kid at Christmas opening up those shipping boxes and diving in!
- Water rides- theme parks aren’t exactly my favorite thing in the world, but I L*O*V*E the water rides.
- Public Speaking- some might want to throw up when given the task of speaking to a group of people, not me. As long as I know what I’m talking about and can help someone else, I’m in!
Okay folks, as promised, short and sweet!
Love until next time!