Perfect Start to The Week
I just love how these lists always seem to coincide with something going on in my daily life…or maybe they just make me more aware of it. Either way, this week is all about things that can cheer us up. Wouldn’t you know it, I went to check the mail this morning and found these lovely jewels in the box. They are a wonderful way to start the day. I have some tweaks that need to be made before they are ready to sell, but over all, it’s a beautiful product and it makes my heart happy to see the my thoughts & dreams in print!
If you follow, please share this link and use #52ListsProject (as requested by the author of the book) and #joannagrace. Tag me on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!
Week 13 List!
List the things that always cheer you up.
- Books! A good book, especially a comedy, can brighten my mood tremendously. I *adore* Molly Harper’s comedic romances. She’s a talented author and man, the woman can make me laugh so hard I bray like a donkey- I kid you not. I’ve embarrassed myself in the waiting room because I could NOT stop laughing. If you want a lighthearted reprieve from reality, go check her out. She’s one of my heroes and she’s a sweetheart to boot.
- Music! I’m a music buff and when I hear something new that speaks to me or something old that comforts me, it’s like getting a Christmas present.
- My Friends! I love my girls at Y&R. I cannot stress enough how amazing these ladies are and how much joy they bring to my life.
- My Family! Yes, family can be stressful, kids can make me angrier than a wet hen, and my husband has the ability to make me down right homicidal at time…key words: at times. But my family is also one of the biggest blessings in my life. My children are funny, happy, and kind. After nearly fourteen years, my husband still has the ability to surprise me with his antics and goofiness. Our home is full of laughter and silliness and even our serious, stressful moments cannot undo the joy in between.
- Writing! You want to see me happy? Give me a computer, a cup of joe, a comfy chair, and a spark of inspiration. BOOM! Happy, cheerful Jo!
- Singing! I’m not the best, I’ll never be a recording artist, but I love to crank up the tunes and belt out songs at the top of my lungs. The dogs may howl, the kids may sing along with me, but music is a strong source of entertainment for me.
- My Dogs! I’ll never understand people who don’t like dogs just for the reason of not liking dogs. My pups are messy, drooling, dirt conveyers who eat me out of house and home, take up my bed, trip me up and bark at their own shadows. I wouldn’t have it any other way! Their personalities add to our household and give us unconditional love that teaches my children how God loves us.
This is my favorite part of this week’s list: the comment in The 52 Lists Project. (It’s a delightful journal. If you haven’t purchased one yet, you should.)
Take Action: Circle the things on your list that you can do for yourself. You are the owner of your happiness!- Moorea Seal
I could NOT agree more! Your happiness is your responsibility. Not your spouse’s, not your children’s, not your parent’s, not your preacher’s or mentor’s, not your job’s, or your friend’s. YOURS. Take some time this week to be cheerful no matter your circumstances. Make a conscious effort to find joy in all things and soon you will do it automatically.